Results of a community adopted early literacy screen in 2008 showed that FEWER THAN HALF of our community’s children were ready for school when they entered kindergarten at age five. In response to this critical need, Ready for School was launched. The good news is that in 2017 63% OF OUR COMMUNITY’S CHILDREN WERE READY.
Parents and community stakeholders recognize Ready for School as a TRUSTED partner in school readiness. Our relational, whole systems thinking approach has created a road map for our Strategic Direction 2017-2020: this framework will sustain our commitment to equity in creating communities of readiness and will strengthen an exemplary early childhood system that supports the thriving of all children, parents/families and the community.
To create communities of readiness where ALL CHILDREN
thrive and reach their full UNIQUE POTENTIAL.
• A thriving community relies on children being ready for school
• Our entrepreneurial model must engage all sectors of the community
• Our tactics must be data driven and employ evidence-based practices
• We apply sound business principles and achieve measureable results
• Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our work
Donna Lowry, MD
President & CEO
Chief Development Officer
Social Innovations Officer
Project and Community Investment Coordinator
Community Engagement Specialist
Executive Office Coordinator