Thank you for your interest in joining the Ready for School team! If we have an opening that matches your skill set, please send your resume and cover letter to Brianna Lynn.
Community Engagement Specialist
Status: Exempt, Full time
Reports to the Social Innovations Officer
Salary $24,000 – $33,000 Annually
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Community Engagement Specialist is a bilingual (Spanish) professional responsible for finding and engaging children, parents and families in the community who will benefit from and support the offerings of Ready for School. This is accomplished through working with a Community Engagement Team that plans and implements engagement strategies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as liaison and advocate between Ready For School and the community.
- Develop and sustain engagement strategies to connect with new families.
- Data entry and data reporting.
- Maintain ownership of select projects, programs and/or events.
- Lead social media engagement efforts.
- Collaborate with multiple volunteer committees.
- Collaborate with Social Innovations Officer to enhance community engagement strategies.
- Assist in the design of child, parent, and family centered readiness strategies.
- Share community perspectives to help implement child, parent, and family centered programming.
Collaborative work with the community agencies
- Engage and inform parents and families to advocate for their children in Holland, Zeeland, Hamilton, and West Ottawa School Districts.
- Equip parents to advocate on issues that are important to them in their community.
- Connect existing parent groups to Great Start Collaborative initiatives and educational opportunities
Community Engagement Activities
- Coordinate and execute planning of community events such as parades, festivals, and/or open houses
- Recruit volunteers for community events and small groups.
- Participate in professional learning opportunities and report back to the organization.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 6 months experience in community and education focused activities
Required Skills & Abilities
- Bilingual (Spanish) – bi-cultural preferred
- Demonstrated support of the Ready for School Strategic Direction 2020
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with all levels of the corporate, civic, and residential communities.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated collaborative commitment
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple demands.
- Proven experience in task completion and follow through
- Adheres to confidentiality commitment to clients and their families
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate committee meetings and special events.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Job Type: Full-time
Ten things we do for fun:
- Mission & Momentum team updates
- We love Music!
- Expect and Enjoy Surprises
- Take Walks
- Celebrate Success
- Love Good Food
- Yoga is an option
- Consider What If? for children, families and the community