Creating communities of readiness where all children thrive and reach their full unique potential.
Ready for School prepares children for success by equipping parents through integrated support of the Holland/Zeeland/Hamilton communities.
75% of our children will be ready for school as measured by DIBELS (Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills), a nationally recognized literacy assessment to screen all incoming kindergartners. In 2008 the initial readiness was at 43%, in 2010 baseline at 55% and in 2016 an increase to 63%. We are making progress to our 75% goal as a community.
Our Guiding Principles
- A thriving community relies on children being ready for school.
- Our entrepreneurial model must engage all sectors of the community.
- Our tactics must be data driven and employ evidence based practices.
- We apply sound business principles and achieve measurable results.
- Engage and inform parents through their trus
- Enhance early childhood experiences by working with area schools and early childhood professionals in building bridges that promote a seamless transition from Pre-K to Kindergarten and beyond.
- Create opportunities and improve access through strategic investment by expanding services for families where obstacles have been identified, evaluating outcomes, and disbursing of funds.
- Share the Ready for School Model with other communities
- Maintain a sustainable model
Our Diversity Statement
In order to ensure all children in the Holland/Zeeland/Hamilton area are ready for school, we need our organization to reflect the diverse fabric of our community.
Ready for School’s vision is to leverage a diverse and inclusive workforce & partnership to enhance our ability to increase opportunities for all families and children to succeed. We know people from diverse backgrounds coming together can create powerful change. This is why Ready for School values differences among individuals across multiple dimensions including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical ability, religion and socioeconomic status.
Our Mission for Diversity and Inclusion is to build and leverage a diverse and inclusive workforce and workplace by building leadership capability and organizational capacity within the community. Ready for School’s diversity initiatives are applicable—but not limited—to our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; professional development and training; promotions and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of diversity, equity and inclusion that encourages and enforces respectful communication and cooperation among all employees, community partners and members.
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of our work to ensure we are meeting the needs of the people we want to serve.
Our Diversity Objectives:
To support the realization of our vision and mission of Diversity & Inclusion, we have established the following strategic objectives:
Diversity: Improve the representation of women and minorities at all levels of the organization by driving talent acquisition and management practices to achieve satisfying results.
Inclusion: Create a work environment that fosters team work and promotes colleague engagement through awareness and inclusive leadership skills.
Communication: Ensure that Diversity & Inclusion initiatives, actions, and results are transparent.
Partnerships: Engage various community stakeholders that support Ready for School’s Diversity values and interest.